We want you to have the best experience possible from concept to aftercare. We have many resources on our site to help you learn all you can about the tattoo process and how to plan for success. Here, we explore what you should consider before showing up for your appointment or before a walk-in tattoo or piercing.
Staying In Tip-Top Shape
The most important thing to take care of before getting a tattoo or piercing is YOURSELF!
You are about to be a living canvas for a beautiful work of art. In order to keep yourself safe, have the best experience, and ensure that your healing process starts off on the right foot, you’ll want to make sure you follow a few guidelines in the days leading up to your appointment.
- Be properly hydrated. Make sure to drink plenty of water and avoid alcohol and caffeine in the day or so prior to getting your tattoo.
- Be well fed. The tattoo process can be very taxing on the body. Having a full stomach and eating before your tattoo will help prevent any adverse affects and will help your body start healing right away!
- Be well rested. I know, I know, you’re just sitting or laying there during the tattoo, why do you have to have a good night’s sleep beforehand? Well, because just like being fed and hydrated are essential to a safe, healthy tattoo experience, you also need plenty of sleep to keep up with the effects of the tattooing process on your body.
Administrative and Legal Preparations
In addition to making sure that you are physically at your best and ready to get your new tattoo, we must also take a few official considerations before we get started. Fear not, we won’t be collecting any DNA samples or anything!
- Be sure to bring a government issued photo I.D. for all tattoo and piercing sessions.
- If you have a design in mind, or have photos to reference for your tattoo design, please make sure to email those to us at email@example.com before your appointment.
- The rules and laws regarding minors tend to change often. Due to this, we prefer that anyone looking to get a tattoo or piercing for a minor give us a call first and we will be able to give you the best information at that time.
Hopefully we didn’t overwhelm you here, but all of these issues are essential to the giving our customers the best experience possible. We strive to create art that leaves its owners proud and happy with their choice for a lifetime. That all starts with proper planning between yourself and an expert artist. If you’re ready to start your journey and make an appointment with one of our artists today, then click the button below! Stay safe everyone.